What is Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of customized invisible mouth trays that you wear daily and change out every two weeks to gently move your teeth into their best alignment for function and beauty.
How is Invisalign treatment different from traditional orthodontic braces?
When people hear “orthodontics” or “ortho,” braces are often the first thing that come to mind. However, the Invisalign system is an entirely different way of diagnosing, preventing, managing, and correcting mal-positioned teeth, jaws, and bite patterns.
- Invisalign aligners or trays are practically invisible and can accomplish your new smile in as little as six months depending on your case.
- Invisalign trays are more comfortable than traditional orthodontic braces because there are no wires to tighten or brackets to trap food.
- If you wear your Invisalign trays at least twenty or more hours a day, you can take the trays out whenever you want to eat, drink, brush, and floss. You can even take the trays out when playing a sport that requires protective mouth gear.
An additional feature of the Invisalign system provides for post treatment care using Vivera ® retainers to maintain your new smile for years to come. Vivera retainers are extremely durable and customized to your new smile to be as comfortable as possible wearing while you sleep.
How can Invisalign treatment impact your health?
Invisalign treatment provides solutions for problems listed below that can lead to gum swelling, sensitivity, pain, infection, tooth loss, bad breath, difficulty chewing or swallowing, and trouble speaking:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Bone erosion
- Jaw pain, Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ)
- Crooked teeth, misaligned teeth
- Overbite, underbite, crossbite
- Gaps or spaces between teeth, Diastema
- Overcrowded teeth
What is the cost of Invisalign treatment and what are the payment options?
We offer Invisalign treatment starting at $116 per month. You may be able to pay for Invisalign treatment using money from Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Learn more about affordable financing plans on our Financial Options page.
Want to find out how you will look with your new smile and see if Invisalign treatment is right for you?
Call us at 828-754-3531 to schedule an appointment.
At your appointment, Dr. Grimes, an Invisalign provider, takes precise images of your teeth using an iTero® three-dimensional digital scanner to show you what Invisalign treatment can do for you!
Next, Dr. Grimes consults with you to see if the Invisalign system can meet your goals for treatment and improve your smile!
Dr. Grimes will create a custom treatment plan to have trays made for straightening and correcting your dentition. Wear your trays as prescribed and you can have a new smile in just six months depending on your treatment plan!
Contact us for an appointment today!
Cornerstone Dentistry - Eric J. Grimes, DDS, Lenoir, NC Invisalign Provider
- Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.